Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mad Dog Palin

Alright, I'm gonna ring the second recess bell here and call everyone into class for a moment.

I make it a point to only talk matters of frivality here, first and foremost because I'm a guy who is absolutely, passionately, madly in love with his frivilous pursuits. But also because I do have a pretty serious job in which calls on me to frequently watch people die. I like to think I handle it pretty well by never, ever bringing it home with me and by being as much of a child as I possibly can be when I'm not at work.

That said, I'm not a total jackass. I do keep an eye on current events, and like to think I'm way more up on global affairs than the average American, which I know ain't saying much. Our country's current direction nearly brings me to tears. I spent the first four years of the Bush regime hating our president, but I've spent the past four hating my countrymen for giving this guy another term. He is who he is, but we should know better.

Which leads me to this:

Mad Dog Palin

This is the most brilliant opinion piece I've ever read, and I implore you all to read it. It's not so much an attack on one of the VP candidates as it is a biting and balls-on condemnation of America.

If you don't feel like slogging through this, I'll give you the one 'graph that succinctly sums up my feelings heading into this election and why I'm voting the way I am:

So, sure, Barack Obama might be every bit as much a slick piece of imageering as Sarah Palin. The difference is in what the image represents. The Obama image represents tolerance, intelligence, education, patience with the notion of compromise and negotiation, and a willingness to stare ugly facts right in the face, all qualities we're actually going to need in government if we're going to get out of this huge mess we're in.

Amen.

1 comment:

Scott Berger said...

E-
Despite the fact that I now reside behind the Evil Orange Curtain, I can assure you I concur with your analysis of this situation and hope Mr. Obama has his hand on the Good Book come January.

I was also dumbfounded to learn that outside of Roe v. Wade, Gov. Palin was UNABLE to name another Supreme Court case IN HISTORY!! Even if you got a big fat 'F' in political science, how about BUSH v. GORE from 2000!?!?

Of course if you want to laugh a little at htis situation click on this you tube link that splices Palin and recent online joke, Miss South Carolina. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5hydi64-Ds&feature=related