Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Campaign Memories

A. Thank God it's over. Now, let's hope the right guys wins.

B. Please read Matt Taibbi's latest blog, wrapping up the seemingly endless campaign season.

Maybe I've had too much of the Obama Kool Aid, but I truly do think that the media's fully in the tank for him because he has by and large run an excellent campaign and rised above the multiple character assassination attempts made on him first by the Clintons and then recently the Grumpy Old Man/Homecoming Queen ticket.

I do like Obama, but I don't want to. I want to be able to say I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, that they all suck and that we should just burn Washington to the ground like everyone else seems to claim. But the dude sold me on the promises that he'd govern with compassion and intelligence and that we'd actually face the mountain of problems that's crushing this country's collective will instead of trying to ignore them or blame them all on homos who want to get married and irresponsible black people.

Now I'm hoping he has a chance to deliver and then actually follows through.

No comments: