Sunday, August 3, 2008

Save me from myself...AGAIN

With the spectre of Wendy Wu still looming, I passed a billboard on Alameda pimping an ABC Family special called SAMURAI GIRL.

In case you were thrown off by the complicated title, here's the press release: For three days beginning September 5th, ABC Family will air SAMURAI GIRL, a miniseries based on a popular young adult book series by Carrie Asai. It stars Jamie Chung as Heaven, a 19-year-old girl who discovers that her adoptive father is a yakuza boss and may have killed her brother. She leaves to train in the ways of the samurai and plot to bring down her father’s criminal empire with the help of American friends.



Since it's pretty obvious I'm unable to resist family-friendly programming about cute Asian girls who bust heads, so I might as well give in and embrace the inevitable. I'll end up TiVo'ing every freakin' episode of this mini-series.

In my defense, Samurai Girl does look really hot rockin' that katana in the advertising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they were really pluggin' Samurai Girl at Comic Con...Stacey Kiebler is in it too.